BioWare’s vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world’s most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur’s Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
We are currently hiring a contract Character Artist in our Austin studio for Star War: The Old Republic
What the Character Artist will do at BioWare:
We would like to add a contract Character Artist to our team for our exciting new IP from the creative team that brought you Mass Effect. A Character Artist at our BioWare Austin studio will influence a new generation of character fidelity by utilizing their exceptional skills and working with the latest engine and tools. It’s important for all characters in BioWare games to be emotionally engaging and immerse gamers into the worlds and stories that we create. The Character Artist is driven to create high quality believable characters and have the ability to work alongside concept artists, animators, designers and engineers.
Who You Are:
• Exceptional modelling skills of humanoids, creatures or mechanical forms
• Strong texturing skills including both painted and photographic manipulation, creation and color correction.
• Excellent sense of scale and form
• Excellent drawing and/or sculpting of the human form, exhibiting a knowledge of anatomy, proportion, weight, and volume
• Good use of rendering (light, form, shadow and colors)
• Ability to work from reference materials, such as photography or concept art
• Renders of models in high and low polygon counts
• Assets rendered with individual material channels (diffuse albedo, roughness, normal, etc)
What skills do BioWare look for?
• Strong Max, Maya, XSI or Modo
• Strong ZBrush or Mudbox
• Photoshop and Substance Designer/Painter
• Frostbite/Unreal experience is a bonus.
How do I apply for this role?
*Please send along your updated resume and portfolio for our review
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.